"I enjoy working in the field of gastroenterology, because a patient’s GI symptoms can very often be entirely eliminated with proper diagnosis and treatment.”
Dr. Barry S. Donner is a board-certified, fellowship-trained gastroenterologist with more than 30 years of experience in the field. Dr. Donner has a special interest in the treatment of liver disease.
Dr. Donner earned his medical degree from Albany Medical School in upstate New York. He completed his internship and residency training at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in San Diego, which was followed by two fellowships, in hepatology and gastroenterology, at the Irvine Medical Center.
When he’s not working, Dr. Donner enjoys theater and traveling. He is a sports enthusiast, and particularly enjoys tennis, ice hockey, skiing, and football. Dr. Donner lives in South Orange County with his wife and three children.
Education & Training
- BS: biology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY (1977)
- MD: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY (1981)
- Residency: Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, San Diego, CA (1984)
- Fellowship: hepatology, Irvine Medical Center/University of California, Irvine, CA (1985)
- Fellowship: gastroenterology, Irvine Medical Center/University of California, Irvine, CA (1987)
- Internal Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology – American Board of Internal Medicine
- Orange County Gastroenterology Society (OCGI)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Barry S. Donner at Saddleback Medical Group Gastroenterology in Laguna Hills, California, by calling (949) 770-7163 – or simply request an appointment now.